header

Announcements
Association
Coat of Arms
Edict of Nantes
Revocation of Edict
History
Land Grant
Paradise, PA
New Paltz Huguenots
Biographies
Ancestor Gallery
Homes, Estates Lands & Properties
Family Letters
Gunsmiths
Cemeteries
Carpenter Cemetery
Gazette
Genealogy Humor
& Gleanings
Memorabilia
Qwik Facts
Lineal Societies
Reunion 2014
PastDOMFReunions
OtherFerreeEvents
Ferree Store
Lancaster Webcam
Return to Homepage
David Witmer House
inn
44 Old Leacock Road Paradise, PA
David Witmer, Sr. and his wife Esther Kendig, moved into this area in 1778 and purchased this land (51 acres and 50 perches) from Jacob Ferree, son of Philip and grandson of Madame. This land was part of the original Ferree grant. In 1781 the Witmers built this house along the road that leads from Paradise to Gordonville. See below the two stone tablets built into the wall. It is a private home that its current owners operate as the Creekside Inn Bed and Breakfast. David and Esther Witmer's son, David Jr. married Jane Lightner who was a 2nd great granddaughter of Madame Ferree.
bild   date