header

Announcements
Association
Coat of Arms
Edict of Nantes
Revocation of Edict
History
Land Grant
Paradise, PA
New Paltz Huguenots
Biographies
Ancestor Gallery
Homes, Estates Lands & Properties
Family Letters
Gunsmiths
Cemeteries
Carpenter Cemetery
Gazette
Genealogy Humor
& Gleanings
Memorabilia
Qwik Facts
Lineal Societies
Reunion 2014
PastDOMFReunions
OtherFerreeEvents
Ferree Store
Lancaster Webcam
Return to Homepage
Huguenot Memorial Monument
 
monument1
 
monument2
 
This monument was erected through the efforts of the founders of the Huguenot Historical Society, which at the time was known as the Huguenot Patriotic, Monumental, and Historical Society. It consists of a great boulder of Shawangunk grit, with another boulder forming its base. The boulder was brought down from the Shawangunk mountains by a sledge pulled by horses in 1899. A bronze plaque was mounted on it giving the names of the twelve Patentees.
 
 
TO THE
MEMORY AND IN
HONOR OF
-
LOUIS DEBOIS
CHRISTIAN DEYO
ABRAHAM HASBROUCK
ANDRE LEFEVRE
JEAN HASBROUCK
PIERRE DEYO
LOUIS BEVIER
ANTHOINE CRESPEL
ABRAHAM DUBOIS
HUGO FRERE
ISAAC DUBOIS
SIMON LEFEVRE
 

The New Paltz Patentees, who, driven by religious persecution from their native France, exiles for conscience' sake, came to America, after a sojourn in the Rhine Palatinate near Manheim, here established their homes on the banks of the Walkill, settled the country purchased from the Indians and granted by Patent issued by Governor Edmond Andros on the 29th day of September, 1677, and nobly bore their part in the creation of our free government.

The Huguenot, Patriotic, Historical and Monumental Association of New Paltz erects this Monument, the 29th day of September, 1908.